Rydges Sydney Airport – Housekeeping Supervisor / Coordinator
About the Business
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
Rydges Sydney Airport is just 20 minutes from the Sydney CBD, and 181 steps to the International Airport, with easy access to the Domestic Airport. We have great dining options, 9 conference rooms, 318 guest rooms and 24-hour reception and 24-hour in-room dining for our leisure and business travelers.
Rydges Sydney Airport is seeking motivated and passionate Housekeeping Supervisor / Coordinator to join our dynamic and professional team.
Come and work at the most booked hotel in Australia in fully refurbished surrounds.
- Balances team working schedules to maintain and improve productivity of the Housekeeping Department.
- Answering external and internal calls with delivering high customer service
- Organizing room and floor allocations on a daily basis
- Opera PMS system knowledge is preferred
- Handling and organizing jobs within Housekeeping and other departments.
- Monitors daily attendance, time keeping and sick leave.
- Supervises and trains Room Attendants, Houseman and Public Area Cleaners.
- Checks each floor report and places in order for each Attendant to use that day.
- Checks all rooms as Attendants report them clean.
- Collects report sheets and enters into computer as clean, vacant or occupied.
- Liaise closely with Reception regarding any changes or specials.
- Reports any potential health and safety hazards to the Engineering Department.
- Ensures all team members are familiar with hotel policies and the Team Handbook.
- Ensures that good standards are maintained, and that safety is to the highest priority.
- Responsible for the management of the Housekeeping Department in the Executive Housekeepers absence.
- Creates a congenial work environment for all team members ensuring high levels of morale.
- Takes extreme care with personal grooming to maintain a consistently high level of professional appearance.
- Greets each guest in a polite and courteous manner being careful not to confuse friendliness with familiarity.
- Carries out other duties as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
Benefits and Perks
- Complimentary staff meal.
- Set of uniform and a locker.
- Travel allowance (pro-rata) to 31 December 2022.
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/