Rydges Sydney Airport – Maintenance Handyperson
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Sydney Airport
Soar to New Heights in Hospitality at Rydges Sydney Airport, where travel meets warm hospitality. Located right at the airport, our hotel offers a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. Take off on an exciting career journey and be part of our aviation-inspired hospitality.
About the role
- Roster is flexible for our operations, 07:00-15:06, 10:00-1806, Monday to Saturday, Full-time only.
- Carry out a wide range of “handyman/fixit” jobs throughout the hotel.
- Address and deal with guests in the correct manner at all times.
- Know exactly what is expected of them and how to react in case of fire or emergency, including safety procedures in order to avoid accidents.
- Correctly store working apparatus and materials in a safe orderly way.
- Use equipment and tools correctly.
- Carry out responsibilities without supervision and with diligence.
- Prioritise tasks in order to maximise productivity.
- Liaise with others in order to know exactly what needs to be done.
- Be pro-active in order to give optimum guest satisfaction.
- Be clean, neat and tidy at all times and wear the uniform with pride.
- Initiate problem identification and solve where relevant.
- Be aware of the need to often act extremely quickly and without hesitation.
- Work well with others aiming to reach the mutual goals of Rydges Hotel group.
- This role is demanding and will be challenging no doubt this due to the nature of hotels high occupancy; you will need to be a support for the current team and play a critical role.
- If you want to Learn, develop and want a career in the Hotel Engineering Industry, this is the role for fast tracking your goal.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Outstanding communication and team player skills
- The drive to be the best and to constantly improve
- The ability to multi-task and cope well under pressure
- Have an experience in a similar position
- Professional skill set and quality workmanship.
- Strong work ethic.
- Teamwork is a must.
- Handyperson skills.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.