Rydges Sydney Airport – Reservations Agent
Rydges Sydney Airport is a 4.5 star 318 room hotel located at Sydney International Airport. Recognised as the most booked hotel in Australia we have recently completed a refurbishment of our Ascot Restaurant and Smithy’s Bar and also have 9 conference spaces, a roof top bar, lobby shop and gym.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a professional and friendly Casual Reservations Agent to join our team, reporting directly to the Reservations Manager and responsible for all reservation enquiries, data entry and for providing prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information.
The Successful Candidates needs to:
- Have passion for client and guest engagement, always seeking to find yes in every situation
- promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Be dedicated, enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and ambitious to succeed with the Hospitality Industry
- Availability to work flexible shifts on rotating roster (including weekends)
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Complimentary staff meal.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and Experience
- Effective communication and sales skills
- Previous Industry experience
- Previous knowledge and experience using Opera
- Ability to process reservations
- Understanding reservations policies, cancellations and other policies.
- Great upselling skills
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking and verbal & written communication
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at Event Hospitality & Entertainment, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here.