Rydges Sydney Airport – Reservations Supervisor
Rydges is part of EVENT Hospitality & Entertainment, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges Sydney Airport, the only hotel at Sydney International Airport is just 20 minutes from the Sydney CBD, 181 steps to the International Terminal and with easy access to the Domestic Airport. Fully refurbished bars and restaurant, 24 hour in room dining, 9 event spaces, 318 guest rooms and 24-hour reception.
We are currently seeking a professional and friendly Full Time Reservation Supervisor to join our team. In this role you will be reporting directly to the Reservations Manager and you will be responsible for all reservation enquiries, data entry and for providing prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information.
About the role:
Work alongside the Reservations Manager to provide training and coordinate assignments to the reservations team.
Monitor customer service levels and coach Reservations Agents when improvement in required.
Ensure all reservations enquires are replied to or actioned within the same working day.
Communicate with the Front Office Team and Revenue Manager when there are any rate discrepancies and update in reservation information.
Ensure reservations correspondence is filed on a daily basis.
The successful candidate:
- At least 12 months experience in a similar role, managing or supervising staff
- Previous experience with Opera
- Ability to work across a 7 day roster including morning, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including a good phone manner
- Strong computer skills
- A natural ability to delight guests with your authentic and highly professional customer service
- Display knowledge of facilities and services offered by Rydges Sydney Airport
Benefits & Perks
- Uniform and laundering.
- Complimentary staff meal.
- Travel allowance (pro-rata) until 31 Dec 2022 or Discounted staff parking.
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at Event Hospitality & Entertainment, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here. https://www.evt.com/job-signup/