Rydges Sydney Airport – Sous Chef
About the business
Rydges is part of EVENT Hospitality & Entertainment, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges Sydney Airport, the only hotel at Sydney International Airport is just 20 minutes from the Sydney CBD, 181 steps to the International Terminal and with easy access to the Domestic Airport. Fully refurbished bars and restaurant, 24 hour in room dining, 9 event spaces, 318 guest rooms and 24-hour reception.
About the role
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Sous Chef to join our dynamic and professional team.
- Passion and comprehensive kitchen and cooking knowledge
- Menu developing and creativity
- Outstanding communication and team player skills
- The drive to be the best and to constantly improve
- The ability to lead a team and cope well under pressure
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar position
- Ability to maintain food and labor costs up to set standards
- Have a full knowledge of and practice of all of the hotel’s established occupational heath and safety (OH&S) and food safety guidelines
Additional Skills and Experience:
- You love food. You love to cook. You love to learn new skills
- You are a jack of all trades in the kitchen
- You are a fast thinker and make decisions on the run
- You like working in a fast paced kitchen environment
- You can inspire and motivate your team
Benefits & Perks
- Set of uniform, laundering and a locker.
- Complimentary staff meal.
- Travel allowance (pro-rata) to 31 December 2022 or Staff discount car parking.
- Entitle to receive discounts in T1 staff duty free.
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at Event Hospitality & Entertainment, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here. https://www.evt.com/job-signup/