Rydges Sydney Central – Chef de Partie
About the business
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
Rydges Sydney Central is a 309 room hotel located near Central station in Surry Hills. The hotel features a large multifaceted Food & Beverage operation, including a 140 seat restaurant, 10 unique Meeting & Event spaces and the award winning Sydney Brewery Surry Hills. We are currently seeking a dynamic and results driven Chef de Partie to help and support our Executive Chef to lead our dedicated team of Kitchen professionals. At our property we brew our own beer and create our own menus and foods to match .We host great conferences and events for high profile clients. We stay on the pulse with trends trying to be one step ahead of our competitors. We are looking for the right person who is ready to give 100 % as part of our team. Our Hotel is located in the heart of the vibrant Surry Hills dining scene which we are part of. Your day-to-day duties will be to;
- Maintain a highly successful Team Culture, focusing on training & development of all team members.
- Extensive experience in a high volume multi faceted operation.
- Being creative, innovative, dynamic and capable of thinking outside of the box.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with a ‘Can Do’ attitude and a high level of energy.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments within the Hotel.
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.