Rydges Sydney Harbour – Food & Beverage Team
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the roles:
We currently have two outlets in operation, with a series of fun food & beverage activations popping up over the coming months!
- Playfair Terrace Restaurant – Open daily for Breakfast, Thursday, Friday & Saturday for dinner.
**Shifts available Monday-Friday morning
- Lobby Bar- Open Tuesday through to Saturday from 4pm (no late finishes)
**Shifts available Tuesday-Saturday evening
The right person will be proactive in anticipating guests needs and enjoy working within a harmonious and engaged environment. You will bring your personality to the table and ensure that every interaction with both guests and staff is positive and aligns with the expectations of the brand and Hotel.
With team work at the forefront of everything we do, you will be willing to work with other departments when needed to achieve team goals and provide a seamless operation.
You will be switched on and know what you need to do to get the job done. Your area will always be prepared and stocked, you will be across hotel communications regarding groups, events and activations and you will follow up on guests requests to ensure nothing goes by the wayside.
No day is ever the same, but some key responsibilities include:
- Owning your personal brand in line with the Hotels Uniform & Grooming standards;
- Showing your passion for food and beverage through both experience and skills in the industry;
- Following safe food & beverage standards at all times, in line with Hotel procedures;
- Communicating with your team, other departments and your manager on any guest requests, issues or concerns to ensure we present the best possible service and product at all times;
- Actively participating in all training provided to you to ensure that you know all there is to know about what we do and how we do it;
- Seeking opportunities for improvement, whether it be through service offerings, procedures or building revenue;
- Being proud of the product you are selling and ensure that the tasks you are required to undertake are completed efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
Our food & beverage team are adaptable and work across a variety of service periods, from breakfast, to dinner, to cocktails on the rooftop. If you think you have the right skills and attitude to really wow our guests, get in touch and lets discuss what opportunities might be right for us!
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Hold a current NSW RSA
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.