Rydges Wellington Airport – Night Auditor
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Wellington Airport is a purpose built Hotel with state of the art facilities, first class bars, satisfying dining experiences and extensive conference facilities. Located within the Wellington Airport precinct, the Hotel is integrated in the terminal building complex, with direct access to the domestic and international terminals. This cutting edge 134 room purpose built hotel offers guests a convenient and refreshing airport dining and accommodation experience.
About the role
A self-motivated individual is sought for this position of Night Auditor, which is required to assist in overseeing the operations of the Hotel in the absence of Executive Management.
The Night Auditor is responsible for auditing the current day trading transactions and ensuring that they are balanced and posted. This role is performed during the night.
- Check whether all transactions were posted accurately.
- Check whether the cash, credit card, room charges and charge back payments were posted correctly.
- Accurately identify any discrepancy between revenue and payments.
- Correct any errors or omissions made by cashiers.
- Ensure efficient auditing process takes place and ensure all cashier audit is correctly maintained.
- Complete the night audit report thoroughly and accurately, ensuring the necessary documentation exists to support all accounting functions in the hotel.
- Balance all revenue totals of cash and credits against revenue report.
- Provide feedback and practical suggestions on how to decrease mistakes and increase productivity to ultimately achieve overall better results.
- Liaising with accounts to ensure that the necessary information is being reviewed and recorded on a daily basis.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
Ultimately we require a candidate who is able to commit to “graveyard shifts”, with a customer service focus and sound attention to detail, whilst being able to work both independently and as an integral part of our team.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.