Rydges Wellington Airport – Duty Manager
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Wellington Airport is a purpose built Hotel with state of the art facilities, first class bars, satisfying dining experiences and extensive conference facilities. Located within the Wellington Airport precinct, the Hotel is integrated in the terminal building complex, with direct access to the domestic and international terminals. This cutting edge 134 room purpose built hotel offers guests a convenient and refreshing airport dining and accommodation experience.
About the role
This role holds the responsibility to co-ordinate and oversee the running of the Hotel in the absence of executive management with particular emphasis on assisting the Front Office Manager with the operations of Front Office, monitoring hotel security and maximising the profitability of operations.
To oversee and co-ordinate activities of all departments during shift as required in absence of executive management
• To achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of guests and staff.
• Being totally conversant with regard to all aspects of the Hotel’s computer system
• Assisting with the required system back-up and maintenance programmes and procedures.
• Ensuring that all cashiering policies and procedures are followed.
• Responding to all guest comments and complaints with tact, diplomacy, urgency and a genuine sense of caring at all times.
• Maintaining the established standards of service throughout the Hotel.
• Ensure all staff presents themselves on time and in uniform
• Maintaining consistent lines of communication with the other staff on duty
• Participating in all Front Office communication and training sessions.
• Giving assistance to other departments or outlets when required.
• To assist, establish and implement training with particular emphasis on structured on job training.
• Directing and supervising all Front Office personnel.
• To ensure that the hotel is a safe environment at all times.
• To achieve a reputation as the market leader in accommodation, products and service.
• To ensure that department expenditure is controlled within set targets.
• Be aware of group VIP arrivals and departures and that all preparations are made for them
• To undertake any other duties as required by the Front Office Manager.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/