Rydges Wellington – Executive Assistant Manager
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Entertainment. Ventures. Travel. It’s in our name, and our nature. And in a world of cookie cutter experiences, here at EVT we believe in changing the game and YOU have the opportunity to be part of the change. Our vision to be leaders in creating experiences that escape the ordinary is achieved by: – developing and empowering our Daymakers (our people) – always evolving, improving and innovating to make the day better than yesterday. – building strong teams and supporting our communities to achieve more together. Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
Qualifications & experience
- You must be an entrepreneurial and commercial thinker
- Proven ability to deliver results and exceed customer expectations
- Proven experience in leading and supervising teams in Departmental Managment roles
- Confident at deciding and initiating action
- Proven ability in creating and innovating
- Persuading and influencing is a given, experience in stakeholder interaction and presentations
Tasks & responsibilities
- Ensure a consistent focus on guests needs and satisfaction; building a culture of exceptional service.
- Drive a highly engaged and driven ELEVATE culture focusing on engagement, performance, development and retention.
- Grow revenue streams ahead of the market with a strong focus on core levers.
- Identify peak demand and event dates to accurately forecast rooms revenue and associated labour costs.
- Ensure continued adherence with hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance and safety.
- Monitor physical presentation of public spaces, ensuring the lighting, atmosphere, and ambience are on point.
- We also know our people are our greatest customer advocates, and with Elevate Perks our team members and their families get to enjoy a great range of discounts across EVT experiences.
- Access to free, confidential coaching, counselling and wellbeing support services.
- One day paid Wellness leave per year.
- Up to 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, LyLo, Thredbo and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Local community involvement, paid volunteering and charitable giving.