Rydges Wellington – Guest Service Agent
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Wellington
The world’s coolest little capital is calling your name! Rydges Wellington is the perfect blend of contemporary and functional, with a side of passionate gastronomy at their signature restaurant, Portlander. Want to be part of the team dedicated to crafting memorable guest moments from check-in to check-out? We’d love to hear from you?
About the role
- Take direction from the Duty Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Welcoming guests and maintaining an up-to-date and accurate Hotel greeting board.
- Provide luggage service to all guests, ensuring that all luggage and heavy lifting is done so in accordance with WHS safe lifting procedures.
- Assist guests with parking service if required. Communicate effectively the process to the guest, ensure parking policies and procedures are strictly followed.
- Monitor the hotel’s car park and take the necessary steps to correct any security or cleanliness deficiency.
- Anticipate and attend to guest requests and/or comments in a timely manner and ensure to communicate any problems with the Supervisor or Duty Manager.
- Providing information, recommending and booking activities in the area, alternative dining options, transportation.
- Stay up to date with area information and activities and ensure to communicate pertinent area information to the team.
- Check guests in and out with efficiency and friendliness and in accordance with the established Hotel procedural guidelines.
- Process daily guest transactions and accounts accurately and efficiently.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
• Be well organised, helpful and display strong attention to detail
• Have experience in dealing with customers on the phone and face-to- face
• Be able to stay calm when its very busy
• Confident in dealing with any situation
• Display common sense and initiative
• Be familiar with all aspects of the Front Office Computer system (OPERA PMS)
• Have a Can-do attitude
• Be well presented
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.