Rydges Wellington – Kitchenhand
Rydges Wellington is a 4.5 star property perfectly located in the heart of Wellington that offers 280 guest rooms, 24 hour reception, contemporary dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, conference facilities, gym and pool services and a multitude of nearby activities.
The suitable candidate’s musts :
-Availability for work over a 24hr, 7 day roster week
-Knowledge of OHS, Chemical handling and HACCP essential
-Experience in food preparation essential
-Experience in a similar position essential
-Ability to work under pressure and within a large team
- Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately.
- Work in the kitchen as directed when rostered on shift.
- Ensure work is carried out in a timely and efficient fashion.
- To attend and be responsible for all training provided to you by the Chefs.
- Minimise wastage at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area at all times.
- Take responsibility for a variety of cleaning duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the established standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
- Help produce an environment of learning and professionalism.
- Maintain self appearance in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards.
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with other members of the service team.
- Comply with all of the established hotel operational policies & procedures.
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S).
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Executive Chef or the Chef on duty.
The candidate must have a “can do” attitude, be hard working, reliable with energy and enthusiasm to burn.
This is a Part Time Position with full time hours available.
We thank all candidates for there interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.