Rydges Wellington – Porter
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
We are looking for a part – time Porter to join our busy team. In this role you will to be working with a team which is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Experience in customer service is essential. You will need to have a great personality and be totally committed
to providing excellent customer service. Your day-to-day duties will be to;
- Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately
- Ensure that all Hotel guests’ luggage, messages, and special requests are handled promptly and efficiently
- Liaise with Concierge and front desk staff to ensure that the special requirements of groups and FIT travelers are dealt with in a timely manner
- Valet Car Parking
- Ensuring every guest receives exceptional service
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Be well organised, helpful and display strong attention to detail
- Have experience in dealing with customers on the phone and face-to- face
- Be able to stay calm when it’s very busy
- Confident in dealing with any situation
- Display common sense and initiative
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Front Office Computer system
- Have a Can-do attitude
- Be well presented
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.