Rydges Wellington – Restaurant Team Leader
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic, experienced and professional Restaurant Team Leader to join our team at the Portlander Bar and Grill at Rydges Wellington.
We have a strong team of motivated individuals and nurture a culture of learning and development for those that show potential and drive.
Portlander Bar and Grill is an important part of our service and will require someone malleable, able to think quickly on your feet and very very customer focused!
We can range from a bit busy to VERY busy and need someone who can adapt to the quick change in tempo as well as keep the team on task and on track.
Wine/Beverage knowledge will be looked upon favourably, as well as a great attitude and gregarious personality. if you love top shelf spirits, wines and cocktails as well as great service then please apply!
- Take direction from the Supervisor and/or Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Anticipate and attend to customer’s needs and desires immediately, ensuring that all customer interaction is done in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently during your shift and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
- General duties may include but is not limited to:
- running food and/or drinks,
- taking food and/or drink orders,
- clearing tables,
- moving furniture,
- washing plates, cups and glasses,
- assisting in stock take,
- counting and balancing tills,
- making barista coffees,
- mixing drinks,
- re-stocking of minibar,
- general cleaning within the venue.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- You will need to have some experienced in guest focused F&B roles, and experience in Restaurant.
- This role could suit someone with some time under their belt looking for the next step in a place with a great reputation for service and attention to detail.
- Experience with POS systems, Cash handling and multi tasking is a minimum.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.