Rydges World Square – Conference & Events Sales Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges World Square
Located in the bustling heart of Sydney’s CBD, become a part of our vibrant team at Rydges World Square. Elevate your career, by crafting unforgettable guest moments to creating exciting events in one of the newest and largest conference and events centres in Sydney. Are you ready for the next step?
About the role
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing and working closely with the Banquet Operations Manager, Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager, your role will involve the organisation of corporate events, weddings and social and special functions.
Key responsibilities and tasks consist of, but are not limited to:
- Pro-actively follow up quotes and enquiries to develop business
- Build strong relationships with customers and deal with any customer feedback
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Open communication with banquet operations and the kitchen to provide accurate information for a smooth handover of functions from banquet sales to banquet operations.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A sound knowledge of the Hospitality Industry
- High level proficiency in MS Office suite
- Experience in Ivvy advantageous
- A warm, friendly, professional manner towards all clients and staff
- Problem solving skills and innovative thinking
- Strong time management skills
- Strong attention to details
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.