Rydges World Square – Executive Assistant Manager
About Our Company
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Join us on being the best Daymaker to our guests and team!
You will be joining a fast paced and exciting management team who work in a 458 room Hotel located in the heart of bustling World Square. Our Executive Assistant Manager leads a large management team including Food and Beverage, Sales, Revenue, Engineering, Housekeeping and Finance.
In addition to our large rooms inventory, we house eight function rooms, Sydney Cidery and Amber Restaurant.
- You love working in a fast paced environment and have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- A passion for exceeding guest satisfaction
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming standards
- Are committed to mentoring junior members of the team
- A high level of cleanliness and presentation along with maximising the hotel assets
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A logical thinker with attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and flexibility with hours
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide daily presence in Lobby assisting with guest requests and feedback
- Train, manage and provide leadership to your team
- The ability to understand and manage payroll, COGs, revenue Management.
- Contribute to annual budget and Sales and Marketing Business plan
- Recruit and Induct new staff
- Conduct daily staff briefings, monthly WHS meetings and P&L meetings
- Provide financial summary reports to relevant parties
The best part
- STAYS! 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, Independent Hotels, LyLo, JUCY Snooze and more.
- ENTERTAINMENT! $2 EVENT movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- FIT ACROSS THE YEAR! Awesome winter & summer savings and discounts at Thredbo Resort.
- POSSIBILITIES! Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- COMMUNITY! Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- TOGETHER! Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company. Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
*Only short listed candidates will be notified