Rydges World Square – Guest Services Agent
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges World Square
Located in the bustling heart of Sydney’s CBD, become a part of our vibrant team at Rydges World Square. Elevate your career, by crafting unforgettable guest moments to creating exciting events in one of the newest and largest conference and events centres in Sydney. Are you ready for the next step?
About the role
Rydges World Square is currently seeking a Guest Services Agent, to join our team of experienced and also budding hoteliers.
You will be joining this 458 room Hotel located in the heart of bustling World Square. We are looking for someone with a big personality that can have fun with, and entertain our guests. The candidate will ideally also have a passion for hotels and hospitality and be hungry for experience that will further their career within the company. You will be responsible for providing an outstanding guest experience from the point of reservation to departure.
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- You love working in a fast paced environment.
- Passion for hotels and their guests.
- You think outside the box, and enjoy problem solving
- A background in Front Office operations or prior hotel experience preferred and experience with Opera PMS is a bonus
- Outstanding communicator
- The ability to multi-task as well as work under pressure.
- Flexible working hours.
- A team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in order to liaise with other departments
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.