Tank Stream Hotel Sydney – Night Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About Tank Stream Hotel Sydney
Fuel your career at Tank Stream Hotel, offering stylish accommodation in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. Now’s your time to join our team and help shape unforgettable guest experiences just minutes from iconic attractions.
About the role
To co-ordinate and oversee the running of the hotel in the absence of executive management with particular emphasis on managing all night operations of the hotel, including hotel security and the auditing process.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure a clear and comprehensive hand over occurs with the PM Duty Manager and that he / she completes their shift.
- Complete audits of all revenue and postings, making the required corrections to guarantee accurate reporting.
- Liaising with accounts to ensure that the necessary information is being reviewed and recorded on a daily basis.
- Assist line staff when required. Directing and supervising all night personnel.
- Ensuring all cashiering procedures are followed.
- Settling accounts for early departures and checking in late-night arrivals.
- Respond to enquiries and complaints from guests in a courteous and timely manner, ensuring that issues are fixed and expectations are met.
- Processing daily guest transactions and accounts accurately
- Collaborating with other departments.
- Full availability working a rotating overnight roster (11:00pm – 07:00am) that ranges across 7 days, including public holidays.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Front Office Manager.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated dependability and accountability at work.
- You should have previous customer service experience in a hotel environment
- A logical, common-sense approach to resolving concerns
- An empathic ability to anticipate our guests’ needs
- Proficient in computer applications, and Property Management System (Opera Cloud an advantage).
- Attention to detail, particularly when handling guest requests and cashiering.
- Demonstrated ‘can-do’ approach to your duties and a willingness to help our team succeed.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.