The Capitol Hotel Sydney – Guest Service Agent
About The Capitol Hotel Sydney
Located adjacent to the Capitol Theatre in Sydney and a short walk from Darling Harbour and China Town is The Capitol Hotel Sydney. Having recently undergone a full hotel refurbishment, the hotel features 95 new accommodation rooms & a 40 seat restaurant, housed in a stunning heritage listed building. You can expect something a little more unique than your typical traditional hotel experience at The Capitol Hotel Sydney, with a touch of theatre at every turn.
The Capitol Hotel is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia & New Zealand. The Hotel will join The Independent Collection by EVT, made up of a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and budget friendly properties.
About the role
Our GSA’s are the first friendly face everyone is greeted by at The Capitol Hotel. You’ll be the ultimate guest service agent, brand ambassador and be the go-to for our guests, handling admin and providing real local advice. If you’re energetic, empowered, optimistic and come with a can-do attitude you’ll be a great fit. Do you love all things city, chat and banter. This is the role for you.
What will your day look like? Here are a few examples:
- Manage arrivals and departures of everyone visiting our hotel
- Provide exceptional guest service by responding to guest requests efficiently and courteously
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and accuracy with all accounting functions
- Communicate with housekeeping, reservations and maintenance departments to ensure all guest requests and needs are met
- Actively resolve guest issues and challenges presented on shift
- Assist other outlets within the Hotel as required.
Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company
Skills & Experience
- Must be available for shift work, including weekends.
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
- Excellent organization and time management
- PMS experience desirable
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/