The Capitol Hotel Sydney – Head Chef
About The Capitol Hotel Sydney
Located adjacent to the Capitol Theatre in Sydney and a short walk from Darling Harbour and China Town is The Capitol Hotel Sydney. Having recently undergone a full hotel refurbishment, the hotel features 95 new accommodation rooms & a 50 seat restaurant, housed in a stunning heritage listed building. You can expect something a little more unique than your typical traditional hotel experience at The Capitol Hotel Sydney, with a touch of theatre at every turn.
The Capitol Hotel is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia & New Zealand. The Hotel will join The Independent Collection by EVT, made up of a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and budget friendly properties.
Due to re-open in April 2023 after undergoing a refurbishment, we are looking for a Head Chef to own our morning operations in the kitchen and assist with planning for the opening of dinner in June 2023. Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality food, you are the face of our breakfast offerings.
- In depth understanding and experience managing financial reporting including menu costing, COGs, Labour and Wastage.
- To have a full knowledge of and practice the hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance.
- Hands on approach to running the kitchen working in collaboration with hotel management.
- Strong written and communication skills.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Commercial cookery or higher
- Ability to handle high stress, high pressured, situations.
- Strong personal and communication skills
- Food safety supervisor certificate
Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company
- Cover letter of no more than one-page highlighting why you’re perfect for the role
- CV of no more than two pages outlining key work experiences / history