The Ultimo – Front Office Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About The Ultimo Sydney
Seamlessly blending heritage-listed charm with contemporary design, The Ultimo Sydney is where affordable stays meet comfortable style. Join our team at the heart of the action, nestled within the vibrant locale of Sydney’s Chinatown, and play a crucial role in crafting unforgettable guest experiences. We can’t wait to hear from you.
About the role
We are seeking an Front Office Manager to join our team.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Recruit, train, manage and provide leadership to the team
- Manage guest experiences for the best possible outcomes
- Staff roster management
- Ensure our guests have the best possible experience – manage guest/review feedback
- Ensure the safety and security of our guests and team
- Liaise with other hotel departments to ensure exceptional guest experiences
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and presentation, keeping all work areas both front of house and back of house clean and in working order
- The role is also responsible for AR and collating AP for distribution to head office and must have an understanding of budgeting and working under the HIGA award.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Advanced Hotel PMS knowledge including rate management. Experience with RoomMaster and Opera ORS would be advantageous.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong competency in accommodation management principals
- Friendly, service driven attitude
- Understanding of, and ability to apply the methods that need to be employed to properly manage the front office team, including recruitment, performance management and rostering within the HIGA award
- Full-time availability with unrestricted Australian work rights
- Minimum experience as a Hotel Assistant Manager/FO Supervisor/AFOM to be considered for this role.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.