The Victoria Hotel – Commis Chef
The Victoria Hotel is an iconic Melbourne CBD hotel with a well establish history located in the heart of Melbourne.
The hotel’s Food & Beverage offering features our modern art deco restaurant Mister Munro’s Restaurant & Bar encompassing two stylish and versatile private dining spaces MISS MILEY & MISS MORGAN, three conference spaces for up to 300 guests, and the recently renovated Vic’s Bar!
We are on the hunt for a Commis Chef to join the team as we launch back into Melbourne’s prestigious hospitality scene.
The role, reporting to Sous Chef & Head Chef will morph as the business launches into new avenues and so will your opportunities, so we are looking for someone with a can do attitude who takes initiative on the job.
- Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately.
- Work in the kitchen as directed on a daily basis.
- Ensure that your work is carried out in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Minimise wastage at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area at all times.
- Ensure that the established standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
- Help produce an environment of learning and professionalism.
- Carry out any other related duties as directed by the senior members of the kitchen staff.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Cook or Commis Chef
- Understanding of ordering of stock and maintaining
- Food, health safety certificate
- Understanding of basic OHS
- Flexible working hours
- Extremely good work ethic to work across various outlets and kitchen responsibilities
- Empathy for front and back of house operations and a can do attitude.
- Previous experience in hotels beneficial.
- Opportunity to grow in the company and enjoy EVT career opportunities with new hotel’s coming up all the time
- Staff Benefits card across EVT
- Complimentary movie tickets, discounts of hotels and F & B and more!
- The Victoria Hotel is part of EVT including exciting Hotel brands such as QT Hotels & Resorts, Rydges, Atura and Independent Collection by EVT.