The Victoria Hotel – Conference & Events Sales Manager
About the business
The Victoria Hotel is an iconic hotel with a rich history dating back to 1880, located on Little Collins St in the center of Melbourne and we are recruiting for an ambitious Sales Manager to grow our Conference & Events business.
The hotel features 370 hotel rooms, 3 conference spaces including a recently refurbished ballroom hosting up to 200 guests, and a diverse F&B offering including 2 modern private dining rooms located in Mister Munro Restaurant & Bar and the much loved Vic’s Bar.
The Victoria Hotel is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand.
About the role:
- Oversee the sales, planning and delivery of the ultimate event experience for all events at The Victoria hotel.
- Conduct effective & strategic follow up of portfolio of clients.
- Leverage your existing networks and experience to build corporate and events leads.
- Coordinate and assist in promoting all events across our dynamic conference and events spaces .
- Prepare and manage event contracts and all related documentation.
- Manage all event financials and to ensure they are 100% accurate and are allocated to the correct revenue management.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude by building and maintaining strong working relationships and communication with all internal and external Stakeholders.
- Conduct site inspections with clients within pipeline.
- Ensure all client event details are entered into event software – Ivvy, with detailed and accurate information.
- Prepare final event orders to be distributed to required internal stakeholders
- A strong understanding of operational aspects of Event Management.
- Develop a strong working relationship with your colleagues in Sales, Operations, Food & Beverage and Rooms Division.
- Have a thorough understanding of all targets/budgets for C&E and maintain required budget targets.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, Independent Collection by EVT and more.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/