Front Office | Listed 04 May
The Victoria Hotel – Porter
The Victoria Hotel
About the role
As a Porter at The Victoria Hotel, you will work together with the Front Office team including Rooms Division Manager and Duty Managers to anticipate and deliver an exceptional experience to all guests. You get to collaborate with all departments, including but not limited to: Management, Housekeeping, Sales, Maintenance and all Food & Beverage; to execute stunning service to our guests.
The Duties & Responsibilities:
- To represent the face of the hotel to be able to offer an enticing, warm welcome to all guests entering The Victoria Hotel
- To keep abreast of current Melbourne trends, experiences and product knowledge to create a customized experience for your guests every time
- To assist the front office and rooms division team where required and requested.
- To assist in predicting, planning and resolving any mishaps, ensuring you bring any mishaps to the attention of the Manager on Duty immediately so that they can action.
- To assist the guest to park or move their vehicles according to the policies set by The Victoria Hotel management.
- To provide storage of guest luggage in a seamless and organised fashion for quickest service. Assist with booking private or public transport to ensure their journey through Melbourne is seamless and enlightening.
- Be knowledgeable and understand current room rates, promotions & product definitions.
- To anticipate and exceed our guest’s desires at all times.
- To ensure the lobby and outer hotel areas are maintained at all times.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Opportunity to grow in the company and enjoy EVT career opportunities in management or alike with new hotel’s coming up all the time.
The successful candidate needs to possess the following experience and skills:
- You have an outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative.
- You are eager to grow your skill set and learn about hotel’s to grow your career.
- Previous experience in Customer Service beneficial
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Driving license required.
Looking for people with a passion for people, to progress within their careers in hospitality and hotel’s.