Yarra Valley Lodge – Conference & Events Coordinator
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About Yarra Valley Lodge
Join Yarra Valley Lodge’s dynamic team and embrace a career that unfolds at the heart of the picturesque Yarra Valley. Our world-class accommodation, located less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s hustle, offers sophisticated indulgence on a sprawling 120-hectare estate within the grounds of the esteemed Heritage Golf & Country Club. Is this calling your name? Make your next career move here.
About the role
Key Responsibilities :
- You’ll love all things conferencing and events with a pro-active hands-on approach to each and every day. Some key responsibilities include:
- Create and distribute event orders and liaise with key departments to ensure events are carried out effectively and to a high standard.
- Oversee event set ups prior to commencement and assist clients where necessary to ensure the smooth execution of the event.
- Meeting with clients, hosting site inspections, client entertainment and famils during the working week and also occasional evenings and weekends when required.
- Maximise and develop and maintain client relationships.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Industry experience with a real passion for Conferencing & Events.
- Attitude is everything – We are looking for someone who aligns with the EVT brand and will quickly build rapport with staff, clients and convert business.
- A sharp eye for attention to detail .
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.