Yarra Valley Lodge – Director of Sales
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
About Independent Collection
The Independent Collection is a carefully curated selection of luxe, stylish, classic and comfort hotels, each of which lives up to an exacting standard to offer travellers the best in its category. While every hotel celebrates its own iconic brand & experience, together The Independent Collection shares a passion for hospitality, service and quality.
About Yarra Valley Lodge
Join Yarra Valley Lodge’s dynamic team and embrace a career that unfolds at the heart of the picturesque Yarra Valley. Our world-class accommodation, located less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s hustle, offers sophisticated indulgence on a sprawling 120-hectare estate within the grounds of the esteemed Heritage Golf & Country Club. Is this calling your name? Make your next career move here.
About the role
- Maternity Leave Contract
Key responsibilities :
- Drive sales strategy to ensure conversion targets are achieved
- Provide quotations for conference and events
- Pro-actively follow up quotes and enquiries to secure business.
- Monitor success on a weekly basis, including understanding of the business to manage forecasting.
- Build strong relationships with customers and deal with any customer feedback.
- Open communication with operations and kitchen team to provide accurate information for a smooth handover of functions.
- Proactively source new business (telemarketing/sales calls)
- Manage, train, mentor and develop the conference & event coordinators.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A sound knowledge of the Hotel/Hospitality Industry
- High level proficiency in MS Office suite
- A warm, friendly, professional manner towards all clients and staff
- Problem solving skills and innovative thinking.
- Strong time management and attention to detail
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.